Doing what I love...

Hi there...my name is Shayla. I live breath and get super excited about life! I love to meet new people, see new places, spend time with family and friends and love the feeling of being motivated about anything...but mainly photography. I love listening to gushy romantic ballads and blasting "teeny bopper" pop tunes in the car. I love anything that sparkles, my favourite colour is blue, I love walking along the beach, I've lived in Germany and caught the travel bug for life. I love to collect scrapbooking paper...but I don't scrapbook. I love chunky fashion rings and I LOVE weddings!!!! I'm currently working with children with disabilities as an Occupational Therapist and am married to a wonderful man called Cameron. We are expecting our first child this year and naturally freaking out...just a little :-)

Why am I telling you this? Because I believe that if you are going to stand in front of someone with a camera, and they want you to stand in a paddock with a donkey, or lie in your wedding dress on the ground, on a golf course (yes I have done this but dang it looks great!), you want to know who they are! If you're going to feel awkward, you may as well have fun while you're at it!

I don't have a flashy website with all the trimmings...yet. But I am 110% passionate about what I do and would love to get excited about your big day with you. I have a bride-to-be friend who I accompanied to a bridal expo say to me once "gee you're more into this than I am!". Yup, it's true...needless to say I think it wore off on her too!

So, enjoy the photos and feel free to drop by for my regular blogging entries about my journey of becoming a professional wedding photographer....

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Looking for decorations?

Decorations by Celestial Decorations. Perfect for weddings, engagement parties or special events.



No comments: